If the Absinthe revival has arouse a curiosity in trying Absinthe, then you may be wondering “from what site can you purchase Absinthe?”. Well, bottled Absinthe can cost high, over $100 sometimes, and it is possible that you may not be able to get it delivered to your country. Real wormwood Absinthes are hard to find because some countries’ legislation prohibit wormwood as it contains the chemical thujone. Absinthe just isn’t Absinthe without wormwood.
Finally, what’s the answer?
AbsintheKit.com is one of the best site with an online store and shopping cart. AbsintheKit.com sell Absinthe essences, containing real common wormwood (Artemisia Absinthium), both to the Absinthe industry and to general customers. You can bring home a 20ml bottle of essence for between $3.5.95 and $4.95 to produce one bottle of Absinthe or you can purchase a kit that makes 14 bottles for between $29 and $39 – an amazing price!
Absinthe Essence Kits
The Absinthe kit from AbsintheKit.com has everything required to make real Absinthe:-
– An Absinthe Essence – A 280ml bottle to make 14 bottles of Absinthe.
– A plastic measure to measure out the essence.
– Artistic labels to decorate and label your finished bottle of Absinthe.
If you want to make your very own bottle of the Green Fairy, mix 20ml of essence with 730ml of neutral alcohol such as vodka or Everclear and add some sugar (about 75g) if you want a smoother Absinthe. Shake the bottle until the sugar has dissolved and your very own Absinthe is ready.
AbsintheKit.com sell 4 different Absinthe essences which all contain real wormwood and the other traditional Absinthe herbs such as aniseed and fennel. To give you a top quality essence, these essences are manufactured by using a high carbon dioxide distillation process.
The 4 essences are:-
– Absinthe Classics Essence – This makes a classic green Absinthe with a thujone content of 35mg.
– Absinthe White Essence – This essence is for those who prefer clear Blanche or La Bleue style Absinthes. It louches in a beautiful manner. Each bottle of Absinthe contains 35mg per bottle of Absinthe.
– Absinthe Orange Essence – This essence contains the extra ingredient of orange oil to give a lovely orange flavor and a yellow-orange colored Absinthe. The Absinthe generally louches more easily because it has an extra essential oil in it. This essence also prepares an Absinthe with 35mg of thujone.
– Absinthe 55 Strong – This essence brings a darker green Absinthe with a stronger wormwood flavor. Made for those who prefer that wonderful wormwood bitter taste. One bottle of Absinthe made using this essence will contain a maximum of 55mg of thujone.
AbsintheKit.com ship products world wide, as long as you are over 18, and have customer support that provides answers to any questions regarding your order or about using the essences. You will find information about their products and instructions on the website itself. AbsintheKit.com also sell the most beautiful replica Absinthe glasses and spoons such as a Pontarlier style glass and Eiffel Tower spoon – great to use with your homemade Absinthe.
After you have produced your Absinthe you will be required to know how to prepare an Absinthe to drink. Absinthe is not usually consumed straight but is diluted with water. Here are the ways of preparing the perfect Absinthe
– Fill Absinthe glass with 25-50ml of Absinthe.
– put your slotted spoon or cuillere over the glass and place a sugar cube onto it.
– Slowly pour or drip iced water over the sugar and you can make an Absinthe with a ratio of 3:1 to 5:1 water to Absinthe.
– Experience the pleasure as the Absinthe louches in the water. there are some essential oils in the beverage which are not soluble in water produce louching. They cause the Absinthe liquor to go milky or cloudy – a beautiful thing to watch.
– Enjoy now the real wormwood Absinthe drink.
So, which site is best to purchase Absinthe from? You have to choose from two options, you can buy a $100 bottle from a liquor site or make 14 bottles by spending $29!